Sunday, April 21, 2024

Mama Ina Mae's Wisdom

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 102: Today, I am grateful for Mama's wisdom.

Happy Heavenly Birthday to Mama! I miss you.  

April, Matthew, and I had the most patient, wise and loving soul on the planet as our Mama. She was gentle, but it only too a look when Dad stepped out of line. Those who knew them know exactly what I mean. "Kenneth!" meant he was really in trouble. 

She used to say, "Learn something new every day." She was a slow reader but what she read she retained. She knew her Bible. She loved owning her own "Strong's Concordance" so she could better study The Word. She studied healing plants from the earth, before it was "cool." I wish I had written down more. 

I sure miss her light and her life. I am so grateful she is dancing, singing, and playing music in Heaven. 

The sermon today talked about the Holy Spirit and she was full of it. She was always a good girl, but when she said her best "yes" it was to Jesus... her life became a living sacrifice.  

She loved my Dad with every beat of her heart... even when he was in the dog house. She loved us... including and maybe especially... Randy and Jennifer without reservation. There were no "in-laws".. only "in-love." 

We did not have to earn Mama's love. It was as steady and warm as the sun. She loved the title of "Grandma" best, and loved practicing on her great nieces and nephews.  Brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews.. each one was special in her sight. 

She was a "love not judge" kind of girl. She chose wisely and with intention. 

"So give your father and mother joy! May she who gave you birth be happy." -Proverbs 23:25

Today, I am grateful for Mama's wisdom and her example of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment