Saturday, September 29, 2018

God Doesn't Hide

Year 6 - Day 270: Today, I am grateful God doesn't hide.

Randy and I just watched "The Shack". I had heard positives and criticism... it turns out, it was really quite beautiful. This verse from Isaiah goes well with the message from the movie. 

Then when you call, the Lord will answer.
 ‘Yes, I am here,’ he will quickly reply.-Isaiah 58:9a

God is good, even when bad things happen. He doesn't hide.  He loves all of his children, although some will chose to not return to him. He forgives the big and small sins, when we ask. He longs to be in relationship with us. He wants to heal our brokenness. He wants the conversation to be open, honest, frequent and real. He doesn't want us to miss what really matters. Knowing Him and choosing love.

I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return -Philippians 1:9-10

When the world seems crazy and evil has it's day, it is good to be reminded that God doesn't hide. Even when we don't understand, we can trust His heart. When we call on him, He will say, "Here Am I". 

Today, I am grateful God doesn't hide.


No comments:

Post a Comment