Thursday, September 27, 2018

Invitations

Year 6 - Day 268: Today, I am grateful for invitations. 

"God is always seeking you. Every sunset, every clear blue sky, every ocean wave, the starry host of night. He blankets each day with the invitation, "I am here." -Louie Giglio

What a wonderful explanation of why it is easy to feel close to God when close to nature. It is why I have never desired downtown city living. It mucks up the sky and I can't see the stars. Mama Ina Mae counts each sunrise and sunset worthy of watching from God's artistic hand. 

When I read this, I couldn't help but think of the parable where the good shepherd left the ninety-nine to search for one lost sheep. How precious each one of must be for the Lord to give that example. What's one sheep when you have so many? Apparently, not only precious, but worthy the risks of the dangers and darkness in the rescue. 


Every sunset is an invitation to say, "I'm hear. Can't you see me?" Do the stars twinkle and dance while the crickets sing? They sing of His glory. They invite us to experience the one who breathed life into dust. Our God was willing to take on our skin to experience our struggles and sorrows. All to call us back into relationship with him. Such amazing love!

Earworm is awake and singing a Christmas song. It's not too early is it? Mary would be quite pregnant at this time approaching Jesus birth. No. It's not too early.


How Many Kings (Downhere)
Follow the star to a place unexpected
Would you believe, after all we've projected,
A child in a manger?
Lowly and small, the weakest of all
Unlikeliest hero, wrapped in his mother's shawl 
Just a child 
Is this who we've waited for?
'Cause how many kings step down from their thrones
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that is torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

The romance. The love story. The invitation. It never gets old.

Today, I am grateful for invitations.


No comments:

Post a Comment