Monday, September 10, 2018

Open Windows

Year 6 - Day 253: Today, I am grateful for open windows.

It happened! It was cool enough to open the window and let the crisp, fresh air cool the house. I it is so much better than heat or air conditioning. It is one of the reasons spring and autumn are favorite seasons for many. 

Waiting for the right time to open the house is a reminder for me to wait for God's timing on the things I long to see. I know His is perfect, but I can be as impatient as a child at times. It is a good thing he is a Father who loves us beyond our impatience and attempts to rush His hand. "He's a good, good Father"... as we sang last Sunday in worship. 

These days are my favorites. Perfect, in my opinion. No heat needed. No air needed. The breeze carries the scents of the changes ahead. Excitement builds for the glory that is to come. That makes me think of another "glory to come" on the horizon. Not sure of the time or date... but it is certainly closer than before. 

Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds with great power and glory-Mark 13:26

Until that day comes... I will celebrate the open windows.

Today, I am grateful for open windows... and glory to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment