Thursday, September 12, 2019

Fall Festivals

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 255: Today, I am grateful for fall festivals.

There is nothing like it. The community comes together to savor and to celebrate all that comes with the change from summer to fall. In our little village... pumpkins are king... and queen... and princess, too. 

I used to joke that Libby's sponsored the festival so that the community would put up with the times the pumpkin pack smells a little offensive. Pumpkin Pie filling smells great. The remains of the pumpkins as they return to the soil... not so much. 


Now, pumpkin is used more and more in cooking all year round, I've come to truly appreciate the great work done right here in Morton. We are grateful for the work that goes into making sure have pumpkin not just for the holidays, but all year long. 

Fall festivals are full of amazing scents... from the food tent where local businesses and churches help prepare the food... to the traditional carnival treats. I have to mention my beloved apple cider slushies. "A slushie a day until the festival goes away!" 

My verse of the day is Phillipians 4:4: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" 

Simple and perfect for a week of celebrating with family and friends. We love our little hometown festival. Our hearts are full. 

Today, I am grateful for fall festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment