Thursday, September 19, 2019

Kissing Pictures



Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 262: Today, I am grateful for love at home.

This is a scrapbook page from 2014. I had not revisited it was fun to read it again, like it was the first time. I do remember taking these pictures. The annual attempt to get Christmas card pictures is always and adventure. 

Years ago, I started a tradition of kissing pictures. It is a wonderful way to capture love at home. Most of us have kissing pictures from our weddings, but after that... they are rare. Well, not around our friends and family. The kiss is here to stay and it needs to be captured in our photographs. 

Outward expressions of love... like a kiss... express affection. Romance is something we create... affection is something we nurture, protect and treasure. Romance is lovely, but genuine affection melts our hearts. 

"For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word. He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself." -Ephesians 5:25-28

The Love-of-my-Life puts up with my imperfections and shows me grace daily. I do my best to reciprocate. Love grows where grace is extended. Affection deepens its roots. We are far from perfect, but we try every day to get it right. 

There is nothing like a kiss to start the day. I treasure the kiss goodnight.  The kisses in between are sweet, too. Every day, we are building a legacy. I pray our now grown children always remember there was love at home. 

Today, I am grateful for love at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment