Saturday, September 7, 2019

Good Conscience

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 250: Today, I am grateful for good conscience. 

It is appears I am on a bit of a literature kick this week. Another from "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.

"Before I can live with other folks, I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." - Atticus Finch

There are times that right is right and wrong is clearly wrong. There are many shades of gray in today's culture, but truth is still truth. When something does not sit well with our conscience... with our souls... it is good to listen to that still, soft voice. 

How many times do we check ourselves and hold back our tongues? How many times do we let our tongues go free... regretfully? Just because something is the popular opinion doesn't make it right. When in doubt... pray it out. 

"He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ." -Colossians 1:28

In the end, it is not the popular vote that matters. It is to about being able to humbly kneel before the King of Kings knowing we have done our best to follow his commands and his great commission. I am grateful for the chance to try again with every sweet sunrise.

Today, I am grateful for good conscience

No comments:

Post a Comment