Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Teammates

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 246: Today, I am grateful for teammates. 

There is a side of me that is very quiet and reflective. I am a closet introvert. I am not unhappy alone. In fact, time to unwind, create and take a deep breath is how I recharge. My brother and I call it our "cave time". We run full throttle... until it is time to recharge in a safe, quiet place. 

My vivacious, gregarious side loves a gathering. Groups have their own unique synergy. When hard times or trouble arrives, it is good to have a team. Courage grows when we face trials together. The "we" instead of the "me" helps us take on whatever comes our way. When we face tough stuff, the right teammates make a difference.

I found this Harry Potter quote from our old friend, Hagrid:

"What's coming will come and we'll face it when it does."
I can hear Hagrid speaking the words in his gruff voice. 

Hagrid had such a big heart for all creatures... especially those who needed protection or were misunderstood. Hagrid worked hard to not buy tomorrow's troubles. Although many considered him simple-minded, the truth is Hagrid had a unique wisdom many failed to see. One of his greatest strengths was his loyalty to his friends and animals. When things were falling apart, Hagrid was one you wanted on your team.

Fretting does not change what is coming. Hagrid knew that and we can, too. 

These Bible verses that remind us to take one day at a time and to stick together: 

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:24

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up" -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Teammates divide the trouble, the workload and provide encouragement. They make a difference on the journey. 

Today, I am grateful for teammates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment