Saturday, September 21, 2019

God Breath

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 264: Today, I am grateful for the "God Breath". 

I've talked about it before, but today, another verse supports the "ah-ha" moment from a few years back. Our God breath... our soul breath... the thing that makes us different from the animals... it is God's breath in us. 

"For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.." -Job 33:4

Think about it for just a minute. He breathed into Adam and that breath contained not just life, but choice and the promise of eternity for those who choose to live their lives in Him and for Him. 

We come from the dust and to the dust we return, but that precious God breath gives us life. There is nothing else like it in all of creation. It is humbling and exhilarating all at the same time. 

It was rainy here today. The smell of rain is one of my favorite scents.It always makes me feel like God exhales and the earth breathes in the waters of life.  

I don't know for sure what God's breath smells like, but I am grateful it lives in us. He is our deep breath, our fresh breath, our first breath and our forever breath. 

Today, I am grateful for the "God Breath". 

No comments:

Post a Comment