Friday, September 20, 2019

Toothbrush

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 263: Today, I am grateful for the toothbrush.


I think this is a first. How have I overlooked this humble little item that changes our lives? Mouth care is something we pay more attention to in this century than the previous one. We live at a time where many will care for their teeth all of their lives... and keep them. 

My dentist and I got together the same year I married Randy. It has been a long and happy relationship. The last time I saw him, I asked out of curiosity when he thought I would need a partial?

Dr. Flanagan softly laughed and asked why I thought I would need one. My reply is that my parents both did. He delighted me with the response of "Never. You should be able to keep your teeth. You've taken care of them."    

It made me think of this verse: 
                                                                                                                                                           " May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." -Psalm 19:4  

We need to take care with our words, just as we care for our mouths. The rewards are not instant... but they are great. 
                                                                                      
Today, I am grateful for the toothbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment