Monday, September 9, 2019

Trustworthy Ones

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 252: Today, I am grateful for the trustworthy.

We all have people in our lives that we know to be trustworthy. If they say they will do it, it will be done and done well. Others have good intentions but are easily distracted or forget. 

Trustworthiness makes a difference in our families, at our jobs, in our churches and everywhere we go. This scripture is from Jesus lips:

"All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."-Matthew 5:37

How many times do we make it harder than it has to be? Do we fret needlessly? Do we waste the grace that He gives us so that we can live life more abundantly? To my own shame... I know there are days I completely miss the trust boat. I hold my fears and frustrations close to my heart instead of letting Him take them from me. What a waste of energy and relationship. 

This Psalm is a sweet reminder. 

"But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you."- Psalms 56:3 NLT

He never fails. 

Today, I am grateful for the trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment