Friday, September 13, 2019

Heaven & Nature Sing

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 256: Today, I am grateful heaven and nature sing!

There are some people who will tell you that the place they feel closest to God is in nature. I am not a camper... but sitting out under the stars and moon in any season... there is a revenant hush that fills my soul. Is it because the soul knows what the human ear can not comprehend? 

The same thing happens at the beach. The life that lives beneath the ocean is full of wonder... and singing. Whales and dolphin songs are truly wondrous. They were designed by our creative God to reflect his majesty and to glorify him with their songs. 

I spent a long month studying Job this year. To "walk" with Job in his suffering was a long walk, but there was rich wisdom in its chapters. This was one of my favorites, when God spoke to Job. Look at the little science lesson God delivered his conversation with Job:

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?  On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone— while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? -Job 38:4-7

"Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,"-Psalm 148:7

“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”-Luke 19:40

Lou Giglio put together evidence of heaven and nature singing... with a little help from  a friend with a DJ mixing program. The entire message is available on YouTube and worth the time to watch it. I found a 4 minute version, but this 9 minute version was too good not to share. Cutting too much out might diminish the wonder of it all! I shared this link several years ago. Today, I keep thinking about it as a full moon is hangs in the pre-dawn sky. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helxFeG-0n0

The cicadas sing that the frost is coming soon. The crickets are determined to finish their song. Each one has a place in nature's majestic orchestra. Leaping fish bravely take flight and we can hear them slapping on the water's surface as they return to the water... even if whales and dolphins are far away. The wonder of it all stills my soul.

Be still and know..,. I AM... God. Don't miss the wonder and the wow. 

Today, I am grateful heaven and nature sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment