Saturday, September 28, 2019

Mirrors

Twitter / CSLewisDaily: We Are Mirrors... ...
Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 272: Today...I am grateful for mirrors. 

Another first. We are nearly to the end of year seven and I have not paused to thank God for mirrors. Seriously, what is wrong with me. I love mirrors! Not for gazing into, but for their practical uses and for the way they double the light and the size of a small space. Mirrors are amazing. 

Mirrors help us dress and do our hair and face. They can help determine if an outfit works... or doesn't. The mirrors on our cars keep us safe. 

CS Lewis said this:
"We are all mirrors whose brightness is wholly derived from the sun that shines upon us."-CS Lewis

You know... a mirror is pretty useless in the dark... but the tiniest light can be doubled with a mirror. Big light... or sun through a window ...illuminates a room. If the room contains a mirror, the magic happens. 
In this life, we are only partially aware of God and his glory.We can only understand a little of it. The time is coming when we will see and understand so much more, but for now, we simply bask in the light of His love. 

I am reminded of the scripture:
 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

But then... face to face. Oh what a day that will be. The "fully known" will know fully... His light and His love.

Today...I am grateful for mirrors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment