Tuesday, October 1, 2019

50 Ways to Take a Break

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 275: Today...I am grateful for ways to take a break. 

The human body is not superhuman. It has limitations; it needs rest. We are not always very good at slowing down in our culture. I loved this "50 ways to take a break". Not all of them are my cup of tea, but it shows how many different behaviors we can choose that allow the body, soul and mind to rest.

Some of these are, indeed, my favorites. I enjoy dancing, smelling a good scent and a cup of coffee. Taking time to be creative recharges my battery like few other activities. 

I am encouraged that Jesus provided an example to his disciples. He took time... he made time... to rest. 

"But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer. " - Luke 5:16

For Jesus, it was the peace of the wilderness and the act of prayer in the wilderness places that drove him into the quiet spaces... whenever he could find them. It was a place to recharge. The people were always following him with their needs and expectations. It must have been exhausting. 

Because he endured a life filled with many demands, we know he understands when we get overwhelmed. 

Today...I am grateful for ways to take a break,  to rest and recharge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment