Monday, October 21, 2019

The Marriage Union

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 293: Today, I am grateful for the marriage union.

I am blessed to have a good guy to call my own. He still makes my heart skip a beat and he keeps me laughing. I find that in this season of life, I appreciate even more the many ways we work together toward common goals. Life doesn't slow down because the kids are grown. 

I loved this quote:

"Marriage was never meant to be a power struggle. It was meant to be a power union." -John & Lisa Bevere

Yes... a power union not a power struggle. A lovely image appears in my head as I consider what that means. We are joined together in a marriage because two are better than one. We were designed for relationships... first with God and the with each other. 

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.-Ecclesiastes 4:9

We should savor the relationships that make us better, stronger, wiser and more patient. Marriage is one of those relationships... and it needs attention and care. I know I am guilty of letting the calendar get too full or overcommitting. The Love of My Life is a patient soul. Together is still my favorite place to be. 

Today, I am grateful for the marriage union.

No comments:

Post a Comment