Thursday, October 31, 2019

The Gift of Life

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 304: Today, I am grateful for the gift of life.


Not every day is a good day.. but every day has gifts. I love the dawn of a new day or the start of a new year when birthdays roll around. 

Today, I wanted to thank everyone individually for the amazing birthday wishes, but I don't think I will have the time. I am always overwhelmed by the affection and love shared at birthdays. To simply be alive, truly is a gift. So many of our loved ones are battling some serious health issues right now, it reminds me to not complain about the daily aches and pains. 

Today, I was reminded by the most amazing Jr High staff of what it means to embrace life with love and humility as they all dressed up for the annual staff Halloween competition. The camaraderie between students and staff is really special. Creativity, ingenuity and some acting skills made it an especially great day to be alive. 

Today, cherished neighborhood children rang the bell for "trick-or-treat" and a special little boy named Elias came by car to collect some candy, hugs and kisses. 

Today, I know our days are numbered, but that is no reason for dismay. In fact, the opposite is true. We can live fully in these days, because we are redeemed for eternity. Our debt paid in full. Another reason to celebrate. 

"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered—    how fleeting my life is." -Psalm 39:4

I am thankful for this day. 
I am reminded our purpose is to reflect His glory. 

Today, I am grateful for the gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment