Saturday, October 26, 2019

Mint Tea


Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 299: Today, I am grateful for mint tea. 


Harney & Sons Peppermint Herbal Tin, 20 Count

A cup of mint tea makes me think of Mama, Uncle Lee, my sister April and Laurie Jean (my sweet college roommate). Mint tea is good for what ails you. It settles the stomach and warms the soul. 

For me... it is the taste and the memories evoked that keep me restocking the cupboard. The tea pictured is as close as I have found to what Laurie and I shared in our college days. 

A shared cup of tea is a social behavior that dates back to ancient times. Not only is it good for you, it is an act of hospitality that is simple, but memorable. Mint is one of my favorites, for the flavor and the memories. 

I am reminded of the words of Jesus about the value in offering hospitality to strangers as well as friends. 

"For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home."-Matthew 25:35

This cold, rainy day is a perfect day for mint tea. I am heading to enjoy a cup as soon as I hit "post". 

Today, I am grateful for mint tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment