Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Changing Leaves

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 302: Today, I am grateful for the changing leaves on display. 

The threat of snow is upon us. We have done it again. It seems we skip a real fall and jump too quickly into winter. I refuse to not take a moment to pause and take in the wonder of the changing leaves. It is the midwest at its best. 

We drove into Peoria tonight. There is a stretch of I-74 in East Peoria that is picture perfect this time of year. The trees are simply spectacular. The splendor of it all is beyond what the human mind could ever imagine. I can't help but see God's thumbprint everywhere in autumn's showy display. I adore fall. 

There is a unique beauty in the leaves that close to letting go. They are waiting for their final dance as they float to the ground in what might be described as nature's ballet. The show always seems to be over too soon, but the memory is sweet.

"Let the fields and their crops burst out with joy! Let the trees of the forest sing for joy." -Psalm 96:12

That is perfect language. The trees are singing. 

Today, I am grateful for the changing leaves on display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment