Thursday, October 10, 2019

Morning Joy

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 283: Today, I am grateful for morning joy. 

The freshness of a new day is never ceases to amaze me. I can't believe the difference a little sleep can make. It is why we often say, "Let me sleep on it." Things can and do look different at the dawn of a new day. 

Just as "always kiss me goodnight" is good marriage advice... wait until morning to decide is good living advice, too. Morning, somehow, realigns our thinking and can help us... as my GPS says... "recalculate". Some days, we need to recalculate. A good night's sleep can be essential to clearing the mind, especially after tears.

"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning."-Psalm 30:5

We mess up, but we still have His favor for a lifetime. We may weep in sorrow, repentance and even regret... but there is new joy with each new day. Chin up, Buttercup! The tough times are temporary. His faithfulness and love are forever. 

Today, I am grateful for morning joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment