Monday, October 7, 2019

The Past is in the Past

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 281: Today, I am grateful the past is in the past. 

Many of us spend a great deal of time lamenting the things we should of or could have done. The old saying is true... the past is in the past. Digging it up and rehashing it is a waste of time and energy. 

We can learn from the past and we should, but let it be. We can't change it. The present and the future need our focus and our energy. We cannot evaluate today clearly if our head is too much in yesterday. 

I love this scripture: 

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. -Philippians 3:13-14

"I press on!" "Press on" has become one of my favorite sayings in recent year. It holds encouragement, but it leaves room for the reality that some days... some seasons... some years are hard. Looking behind us while moving forward is dangerous. We are wise to fix our eyes on "The Hope" and the horizon. 

Today, I am grateful the past is in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment