Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Blueberries

Daily Gratitude Year 8- Day 28: Today, I am grateful for blueberries. 

Right now, I have some blueberry tea steeping in my cup. The past year, blueberries and peaches have been a favorite. 

Blueberries are full of health benefits. They are full of antioxidants, they help combat UTI's, they lower blood sugar and break down belly fat. They are even thought to improve memory and are thought to induce cancer cell death. What's not to love?

My friend, Elaina, gave me some lemon blueberry bread from Great Harvest Bread Company and let me tell you... the combination is amazing. Add blueberries to pancakes or baking a pie are another way to enjoy them. In the kitchen, the possibilities are endless. 

Blueberries are so readily available, we take them for granted. They are so common, we overlook the special qualities. I am reminded of this scripture. 

"The fruit will be for food and the leaves for healing.” -Ezekiel 47:12b

When we look at food as fuel and eat foods intentionally, there can be health benefits. Blueberries are excellent fuel for our bodies. In the middle of winter, blueberries remind us of warmer days. They taste like summer, even in the bleak days of winter. 

Today, I am grateful for blueberries. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment