Sunday, January 19, 2020

Full Fridge

Daily Gratitude Year 8- Day 19: Today, I am grateful for a full fridge.


Our fridge is full. Not just condiments... but plenty of good and healthy food. 

Today, I made an Aldi run. I am always amazed at the quality of the food and the value. I am reminded that many do not have enough... let alone the plenty we enjoy. As I think about food prep for the week, I need to remember to be grateful for the abundance. I need to remember to share. 

"Give us this day our daily bread," -Matthew 6:11

It is a wonderful reminder of God's provision. To be grateful on this day for what we have. 

It is, also, a reminder of how God provided manna in the wilderness to the Israelite people for forty years. Their bread came daily... but could not be hoarded and kept. They had to trust Him new each morning. 

In this state of plenty, I need to remember to not trust what we have, but to rely fully in Him. We will enjoy the food. We will share it with others. We will not forget His goodness.  

Today, I am grateful for a full fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment