Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese

Daily Gratitude Year 8- Day 21: Today, I am grateful for grilled cheese and tomato soup.

It is one of my all time favorite meals. It shouts "comfort food". My brother and I could eat soup for every meal. There are so many varieties. For me, creamy tomato soup is heavenly. Add the grilled cheese (with jalapenos) and I am happy as can be. 

This picture is of a "Smoky Tomato Soup" recipe that I can't wait to try. Smoked Paprika, fire roasted tomatoes and Cayenne kick the flavor up a notch. My mouth is watering. Since the recipe has no cream, it is not too high in calories. 

The winter chill was heavy today. Soup always hits the spot and soup goes great with grilled cheese.  We have several weeks of "soup" weather ahead. 

Food doesn't have to be fancy to be special. Having someone to share it with makes all the difference. Preparing and sharing food is another way to say "I love you." or "You matter to me." 

"Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it."-Proverbs 15:17

The food can be simple, but where love abounds there is contentment. Tomato soup and grilled cheese can feel like a feast. 

Today, I am grateful for grilled cheese and tomato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment