Saturday, January 25, 2020

Ordinary Moments

Daily Gratitude Year 8- Day 25: Today, I am grateful for the ordinary moments. 

There is something special in the ordinary moments. Life is full of them. 525,600 minutes in a year. Not all are monumental... but each one is still a gift. Every single heart that keeps its rhythm... without missing a beat... is ordinary and a miracle, too.

"I don't have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness - it's right in front of me if I'm paying attention and practicing gratitude." -Brene Brown 

Paying attention and practicing gratitude can change our ordinary into extraordinary. 

"Give us this day, our daily bread" is the way Jesus taught us to pray. What is more mundane than our "daily bread"? 

For the Israelite who received manna every day for 40 years, I wonder if the miracle ever grew old? They longed for something different to eat, but they were living in a season of miracles. 

Am I really any different from them? I live in a time of instant communication between continents, air travel, clean water from a tap, ice makers and heaters that warm our homes. Are they not "ordinary moments" that are really little miracles? 

Today, I am grateful for the ordinary moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment