Saturday, June 27, 2020

Coasters

 Year 8-Day 178: Today, I am grateful for coasters.

Coasters are a handy little items to have around the house. We love wood, but wood needs protection from hot mugs and sweating glasses. Coasters serve us well. 

I have one have a couple of coasters that were gifts. Every use reminds me of the person who gave the coaster to me. I use them as "prayer triggers" for that person, simple reminders to keep that loved one in my prayers. 


Coasters are one of the more humble items in our homes, but they do an important job. They prevent damage every day, but receive few accolades. The are taken for granted until we need one. 

I am always grateful for coasters when sitting at a friend's table, too. No one wants to damage a friend's property. The simple protection from a coaster under a glass or mug can prevent us from an embarrassing situations. 

"O Lord, I have come to you for protection; don’t let me be disgraced. Save me and rescue me, for you do what is right." -Psalm 71:1-2

Keeping it simple. 

 Today, I am grateful for coasters.




No comments:

Post a Comment