Thursday, June 25, 2020

Restoration Projects

Year 8-Day 177: Today, I am grateful for restoration projects.

The Love of My Life and I love to see restoration projects.  Old homes brought back to life are something to celebrate. 

Our country is quick to brush aside or tear down old buildings. In Europe, they celebrate historic buildings and make every effort to preserve them and their stories. Now, I adore modern amenities, updated electrical and plumbing that works... but I love them even more when they bring new life to old walls. 

There are probably half a dozen television shows that renovate old homes. They allow us a glimpse into the the communities where these homes have stood watching decade after decade go by. A finished restoration project is usually followed by an open house of some kind to show off the finished work. A restoration is a reason to celebrate.

Some seasons, we might start to feel as if we a tired and broken down like a neglected home in need of repair. Our souls grow weary and we need some restoration. This scripture fits so perfectly.   

"He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness his name's sake."-Psalm 23:3 (ESV)

The 23rd Psalm is very popular. So popular, it is easy to miss some of its goodness. "He restores my soul." Does it get any better?  

Today, I am grateful for restoration projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment