Thursday, June 11, 2020

"I Am"

Year 8-Day 163: Today, I am grateful for the name "I Am".

One of my favorite names for God has always been "I Am". 

This image is from young artist, Akiane Kramarik. It took her six months to complete. She keeps working until she knows it is done. When it is right... she knows. She has an interesting backstory. 

She grew up in an atheist family. She started feeling inspired to paint and did her first masterpiece at age four. Look her up. Her story is inspiring and full of hope. We all need a little extra hope right now.

"I Am" is the name God gave to Moses when he wanted God to tell him exactly how he was going to free the children of Israel from slavery in Egypt. Poor Moses. 


Imagine going back to Egypt to call the people of Israel out. That would be a tough conversation to anticipate. He was one of them, but not. His time in the palace, adopted son of the princess, meant he was an outsider with his own people. He had not suffered as they had suffered. 

This was what God told Moses to tell them:

"God said to Moses, “I am who I am.”And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations. -Exodus 3:14-15

I am who I am. I am has sent you. Words spoken with authority and confidence. 

Moses went on to do hard things knowing that "I Am" was with him... always. He did not have to live in fear. Because of "I Am", Moses could confidently "Be still" and wait on the Lord's hand. Moses knew when it was time, he would not go alone. 

Today, I am grateful for the name "I Am".

No comments:

Post a Comment