Sunday, June 28, 2020

Weakness Reveals Strength

Year 8-Day 180: Today, I am grateful weakness reveals strength.

We all have weaknesses and times we feel weak because of a current situation or current events. Our God has never abandoned his children because they were weak. His strength is always enough, but we have to learn to lay our struggles at His feet. 

"I simply think God is greater than our weakness. In fact, I think it is our weakness that reveals how great God is." - Max Lucado

Max says it well. In our weaknesses, his shines through. We are able to do the thing we did not think we could do. He never abandons his children. 

This passage is perfect:

"Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." -2 Corinthians 12:9

Our human nature wants to hide our faults and shortcomings. Christ longs for us to invite him into the middle of our messes so that he can make something new out of our failures, struggles and trials. 

When we get to the end of our rope, we can let go and let Him take the wheel... as Carrie Underwood sings. His power is made perfect in our weakness. 

Today, I am grateful weakness reveals strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment