Sunday, June 14, 2020

Crazy Friends

Year 8-Day 166: Today, I am grateful for crazy friends.

"If you have crazy friends, you have everything." -unknown

When life gets stressful and the world seems to be spinning out of control, crazy friends are a blessing. The past few months, humor and friendship have been key elements in coping with isolation and quarantine. Laughing lifts the spirit and causes endorphins to be released. 

When overwhelmed, sometimes we need to look for the absurd and the silly... because laughter is healing. Even when a situation is far from funny, finding humor in life's absurdities helps us grow our coping skills. Crazy friends help us see the absurd more clearly. 

This passage is one that always causes me to pause and reflect on the crazy twists life can take. 

"Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. Sarah was not young, either. "And Sarah said, “God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh over me.” And she said, “Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age.”-Genesis 21:5-7

Imagine their situation. Imagine their joy. Imagine their awe. Imagine them trying to explain as Sarah grew larger and larger in pregnancy. I imagine some days... they just had to laugh. I imagine they surrounded themselves with friends who were supportive. I bet their "crazy friends" were the fearless ones who showed up to help them prepare for the extraordinary event.

Let fear be replaced with hope, joy and laughter.

Today, I am grateful for crazy friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment