Friday, January 29, 2021

Deep Breaths

 


Year 9- Day 29: Today, I am grateful for deep breaths.

When the work week is over, I am grateful for the deep breath. When this pandemic is in the history books, I will never again take unrestricted breaths for granted. 

I don't have asthma. I can do a cardio workout and get my breath back quickly (I do need to get back to that routine.) I rarely have a cold or congestion. I have enjoyed free breathing for most of my life and  I miss it.  That is the honest truth. 

"When in doubt, look up to the sky and take a deep breath. "

Please remember... no political comments on gratitude posts... I am simply saying that a deep breath of fresh air means more than it did a year ago. I am not saying it to complain, because riding the "complain train" never really changes circumstances. We have to change how we frame the situation. 

Sometimes, I find it good to spend a little time in Job. It is full of little gems of wisdom in the midst of the suffering.  When I am reminded of all Job suffered, it helps me gain perspective. Job speaks often of "breath". 

"For the life of every living thing is in his hand, and the breath of every human being." -Job 12:10

"If God were to take back his spirit and withdraw his breath, all life would cease, and humanity would turn again to dust." -Job 34:14-15

Breath is life. Life is breath. He is my breath. 

"He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need."  -Act 17:25b

I am so grateful for opportunities to take in fresh air and to take a deep, unrestricted breath. 

Today, I am grateful for deep breaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment