Thursday, January 28, 2021

Unfailing Love

 

Year 9- Day 28: Today, I am grateful for unfailing love.

"I can't brag about my love for God because I fail Him daily, but I can brag about His love for me because it never fails." -unknown

This little quote wraps up nicely the wonder of God's love for us. It never fails. We fail him daily, but His love persists.

"So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. 

For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. " -John 1:14,17 

We try to do the right thing, but human nature gets in the way. We don't mean to be self serving or thoughtless, but we are imperfect and that sinful nature rises up at times. Still, His amazing love continues to pursue us. Gently but with a persistence that eventually brings us to that moment of humbling ourselves before the foot of the cross, where we offer him our messes and he trades us for hope, a future and a crown.

We bring him our shame and lack of name and importance. He celebrates our homecoming and makes us sons and daughters. Forever and with a full inheritance.

Today, I am grateful for unfailing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment