Saturday, January 23, 2021

Nightlights

 

Year 9- Day 23: Today, I am grateful for nightlights.

When wandering around the house in the middle of the night, nightlights give us clearer sight. They keep us from stubbing our toes on things. They are, truly, useful things.

I don't think I have ever remembered to be grateful for nightlights. It seems there is always something new to be grateful for... always. We have nightlights in different places around the house. I like them in bathrooms and hallways. There is one in the kitchen, too. I've never counted them all, but there are probably half a dozen or more.

I am reminded once again that even the tiniest of lights has the power to defeat the darkness.

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." -John 1:5

Darkness cannot overcome the light. It is impossible. Light, like love, always wins.

Today, I am grateful for nightlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment