Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Iron Sharpens Iron

Year 6-Day 296: Today, I am grateful iron sharpens iron.

This precious piece of wisdom comes from the pen of King Solomon. 

"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -Proverbs 27:17

The person who has no one in their life to question them, to grow them, to sharpen them and to challenge them is a profoundly poor person. 

I have never found a situation where the Bible failed to guide or the Spirit failed to lead, but there are times that the wise counsel of another makes all the difference. Sometimes we need another to remind us of what we know or point to a place we need to grow. 

I am grateful for my loved ones and friends who are the iron in my life. Not the kind of iron that gets hot enough to burn and flatten (that is a crafting tool 😄)... but the iron that sharpens another piece of iron making it more useful. Testing the limits. Lovingly guiding. Making it better. 

Today, I am grateful iron sharpens iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment