Saturday, October 20, 2018

Unforgettable

Year 6-Day 293: Today, I am grateful for the unforgettable.

Earworm is singing, "Unforgettable" in Nat King Cole's voice. it is a rich melody. This quote inspired the tune. 

"I will not be another flower, picked for my beauty and left to die. I will be wild, difficult to find and impossible to forget." -Erin Van Vuren


This quote is full of things to think about. We can be so easily let to conform. To fit in and not stand out. To follow the crowd is what most choose. Dr. Suess asked, "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" I have always like his thinking. 

Mama Ina Mae raised us to not listen to the voices of the world. She taught us that sometimes, the entire world can lead you in the wrong direction. 

She taught us that manners were never out of style. Mascara and lipstick are a quick fix when we have to hurry out the door. She didn't feel the need to argue over things that didn't matter. Now, if it was important, she could hold her ground, but there were only a few things that would get her riled up. She was... and is...  a beautiful example of grace. In a world that seeks out roses and lilies... she's a wildflower.  

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. -Romans 12:2

That scripture is easy to read and tough to live out. My Mama teaches be example. I am grateful to have been raised by a wildflower. I hope I caught some of what she taught. 

Today, I am grateful for the unforgettable.


No comments:

Post a Comment