Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Thunder

Year 6-Day 283: Today, I am grateful for thunder.

I was up and outside early with Daisy Mae. Her internal clock is a little off this week. There was a whisper of thunder on the breeze and I had to smile. I love the rumble of thunder.

Thunder is the warning that comes with the lightning. It is a reminder to be cautious and to pay attention to the storm. Did you know that thunder and lightning happen at the same time, but light travels faster than sound?



Then, this verse was in my morning reading:

"The voice of the Lord echoes above the sea. 
The God of glory thunders.  The Lord thunders over the mighty sea.
The voice of the Lord is powerful;the voice of the Lord is majestic."-Psalm 29:3-4

The thunder gets our attention, but Garth Brooks sings, "Thunder's just the noise boys, lightning does the work." In truth, they go together. 

Think about the scientific truth: light travels faster than sound.
 
"Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” -John 8:12

He is not the thunder; he is in it. He is the light. His glory thunders, but His being is light. Why do we need the thunder? Perhaps it is because we humans need the auditory reminder of his power and presence... even when we can't see it. Thunder isn't seen, but we can hear and even feel it. 

He is with us... always. Thunder reminds us of his power, presence and majesty.  

Today, I am grateful for thunder.


No comments:

Post a Comment