Sunday, October 14, 2018

Our Soul's Design

Year 6-Day 287: Today, I am grateful for design features programed into our soul. 

Don't you love it when something really works for you. The image is not mine, but my soul resonates with the message and the truth of the words. 

"I've found each time I start to get stressed and anxious, if I pause and start whispering, "Jesus help me," my pulse slows and I can think more rationally. Our souls were designed to recognize and respond to the name of Jesus." -Spiritual Inspiration 

In other words:"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13 

I hadn't planned to revisit that scripture so soon, but it fits perfectly.  It is like a prayer. 

"Jesus help me, for I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." 

We were born with free will. We can choose Christ or refuse to let him into our lives. But, when our soul's cry out to our Maker... our Shepherd and his Holy Spirit... our soul's respond. In the broken vulnerable moments... He waits for our call. 

Jesus... or Yeshua in Hebrew... what a beautiful name it is. When we call... not with a shopping wish list... but with a sincere heart seeking guidance, He never fails. Our souls know that and respond. 

Yesterday, a sweet sister in Christ took her last breath. Becky S. was 97. For every day she was able, she literally took to her knees in prayer. Her faithful heart will be a forever remembered with smiles and laughter. She humbled many of us by her example. I can only imagine her first meeting with Jesus... face to face... was happy tears and whooping. She waited a long time to meet him. Widowed young... her life was not easy. She persevered. Bright, hard working and faithful until her last breath. We will miss this kind-hearted prayer warrior. She knew the power in the name of Jesus.

This week - when stressed or irritated - remember that little design feature in your soul and whisper, "Help me, Jesus." Your soul was designed to recognize and respond. 

Today, I am grateful for design features programed into our souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment