Saturday, October 6, 2018

Mistakes

Year 6-Day 279: Today, I am grateful for mistakes that keep us humble.

I don't like making mistakes. Most people don't. Still, many find that our mistakes to more to shape us than our successes. It is easy for our human nature to lean toward arrogance.

"A mistake that makes you humble is better than an achievement that makes you arrogant." 

What a great quote.  I don't know the source, but I love that it echoes the scriptures. 

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall. -Proverbs 16:8 

A spirit of correctiveness is not a fruit of the spirit. Those who are humble in spirit can have a tremendous impact on their world. Sometimes, we must be humbled before we can be useful. 

Today, I am grateful for mistakes that keep us humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment