Sunday, October 28, 2018

Nature's signs


Year 6-Day 300: Today, I am grateful for nature's signs.
It has been a long time since a wooly worm showed up at my door. This little guy intrigued Daisy Mae and made me smile.  He is very woolly and black with a band of rich brown in his middle. If the old farmer's tales are true, we could be in for a long hard winter. Guess what, the old farmer's are often right. 
These old sayings were around in Jesus day, too. 
"He replied, “You know the saying, ‘Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow; red sky in the morning means foul weather all day.’ You know how to interpret the weather signs in the sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the signs of the times!" -Matthew 16:2-3 
Please remember that nature doesn't worry or fret. It prepares, but it doesn't fret. Nature bunkers down and wait. 
The tragic headlines from the weekend remind me to look for signs of the times. I wonder how long Christ will tarry? 
I am grateful for the woolly worm who reminded me that all times are His season.We can prepare... but then we must watch and wait. It is hard to be still, but that is where we find the calm in the storms. 
Today, I am grateful for nature's signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment