Sunday, November 25, 2018

Give and Take

Daily Gratitude Year Six-Day 329: Today, I am grateful for the "give and take".

"Live is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted." 

This quote is perfect for the last week in November. December approaches quickly. We are soon to be completely wrapped up in the holiday hustle and bustle. I is easy to lose the focus on Christ in Christmas as schedules get full and demands are great. 

This is where I need to stop and remember that gratitude can pour sanity back into December. I want to remember to slow down and take nothing for granted. Every moment spent with family and friends is precious. 

A dear friend of mine died last Tuesday, before Thanksgiving. It reminded me that we have to take advantage of every opportunity to gather together. Life can change in a heartbeat. I will always be grateful for every shared meal and the conversations that followed. Moments matter.

Today was full of baby dedications, a bridal shower and Christmas program preparations. There are so many reasons to give thanks to God for his abundant blessings.It was a good day.I am reminded of this scripture passage:

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:18

Give thanks. Take nothing for granted. 

Today, I am grateful for the "give and take".

No comments:

Post a Comment