Thursday, November 1, 2018

Fall Celebrations

Year 6-Day 304: Today, I am grateful for fall celebrations. 

I am always amazed and overwhelmed by the sweet, fun and generous birthday wishes. I tried really hard to comment back to each one. From childhood friends and family to new friends, each one evokes a smile and a memory. 

There are fall celebrations happening everywhere. Bonfires, hayrides, handmade vendors at craft fairs and the actual holidays. Fall is fun. 

Last night was one of the most perfect Halloweens in my memory. Not too hot. Not too cold. Fall scents in the air. The children were adorable in their costumes. I even discovered that a new neighbor is really an old friend. Fun times in the neighborhood for sure. Birthday greetings from the children always  surprise me... but I think my sweet friend Susie next door might remind them. 

Fall celebrations are not even close to over. I think of Halloween as half way. First we have Pumpkin Festival in September... and Thanksgiving is a month away. There is time to savor this season of pumpkins and gratitude. 

Anyone want to share one thing they are grateful for today... or even commit to 30 Days? Write it down or post it on Facebook. One little morsel of gratitude can redirect the day. 

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 15:18

Did you know, it was a missed November gratitude challenge in 2012 that seeded this daily post? I missed it in November, so I chose January 2013 instead. It felt so good that I committed to a second month in February. By March, I realized it was changing my heart. 

Embrace autumn and all of its changes. Savor the colors and connections made with friends and family. This is the good stuff. Cinnamon, pumpkin spice... and a thousand other delights. 

Today, I am grateful for fall celebrations


No comments:

Post a Comment