Tuesday, January 1, 2019

A New Word

Daily Gratitude Year Seven-Day 1: Today, I am grateful for a new word. 

Along with daily gratitude, I have chosen one little word since 2015 as something to inspire, contemplate, motivate and teach. Last year, "savor" was the word. I learned to slow down (a little... there is still plenty of room for improvement) and focus more on being fully present. Our time here can be more of a journey and less of a race... if we let Him lead. 

This year, the word might seem odd!  "Burning". I know, weird choice. I probably won't find it on dish towels and cute decor signs. I tried to ignore it, but today... two of my soul sisters confirmed that it is the right choice. (Thanks Susan and Connie) The possibilities are endless. I can't wait to see where it leads. 

-Isaiah 43:19 comes to mind again. "For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."

Day one of year seven is a fresh start.  We take with us all we have learned in the six previous years, but there is room to learn more. So much more!  We can't exhaust his Word or fully figure out his ways. He is sovereign and he is good. I'm burning to discover new things. 

Today, I am grateful for a new word.

No comments:

Post a Comment