Sunday, January 27, 2019

Cozy Dwellings

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 27: Today, I am grateful for cozy dwellings.

Just a few days ago, we considered cozy scents. What about our cozy places.

Where do you go to find comfort? Do you have a comfort dwelling place or spot? I love home. I love my grateful spot where I write, create and study. Nights by the fireplace with the Love-of-my-Life nearby are another favorite cozy spot.

Some feel cozy in a familiar coffee shop with friends. I am pretty sure the local grain elevator was a cozy spot for my Dad and Uncle Mel. It was the rural equivalent to a coffee shop. The coffee was strong... the interests mutual... and the conversation comfortable.

A house of worship with familiar church family can be a place of comfort and warmth. It is a place where people come together to lift up, encourage, learn, praise and share their lives and their spiritual adventures. We are all works in progress. Dwelling on His word... in His house... with others together is good.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. -Colossians 3:16 ESV

Here it is in the NLT version. I like both.

"Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts." -Colossians 3:16 NLT

This morning, we don't "have to God to church". We look forward to the warmth of the connection we find there. The people know us and we know them. Together, we spend some time seeking His face and chasing His heart. 

Spend some time in your cozy space and you will find a grateful place. 

Today, I am grateful for cozy dwellings.


No comments:

Post a Comment