Sunday, January 13, 2019

Whispers To Our Identity

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 13: Today, I am grateful for whispers to our identity. 

Who are you? Now, answer it again...without a career or position attached. Next.  leave out titles and roles Mom, Dad,daughter, son or spouse. 

How often do we define who were are by what we do and the roles we take on in this life? Who am I? 

Too often, we allow ourselves to be limited and defined by career success, child rearing success, marriage success... or by the failures in the same categories. We are not our successes and failures. That is the world's measuring stick. Our Jesus doesn't use that stick! 

I was thinking about this Lisa Bevere image and quote. "Identity is intimately attached to destiny. You cannot know what you were made to do until your first learn who God made you to be." Are we figuring that out? Who were we made to be?

The first scripture that popped into my head was the one that says, "He numbers the stars. He calls them, by name, and because of his great might, not one of them is missing."  Not one!  Every one of us matters to Him. 

Imagine our first step into the life after this one:

When God says, "Tell me about this child." 
Imagine Jesus's smiles and says: "This is your beloved one."

God already knows all about us! For Jesus to present us in such a manner... after he suffered to erase our sins... I can only imagine! Jesus presents us to our Father and our Creator ... flawless... because of His gift and sacrifice. Our debt paid in full! 

Our earthly messes, illnesses, limitations, health diagnosis or condition and even our failures do not matter any more. We can set them free and be truly free because of his mercy and grace. How awesome is that? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLlLPZderk

"Look at my Servant, whom I have chosen. He is my Beloved, who pleases me. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations." -Matthew 12:18 

Don't forget who you are today. You are beloved.  

Today, I am grateful for whispers to our identity... beloved and flawless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment