Friday, January 4, 2019

It's Not 17 Below

Daily Gratitude Year Seven-Day 4: Today, I am grateful it is not 17 degrees below zero.

Just a year ago, we were sitting in a very cold spot. Frigid temperatures made it physically hurt to go outside. We skipped fall, but at this point, our winter has been fairly mild. More rain than snow. Some freezing ice, but not a constant daily trial. On the days before Christmas, I remembered to thank God... out loud in my garage...  that our delivery men and women were not battling horrible cold along with the Christmas heavy workload. 

17 degrees below zero happens here in the Midwest. In fact, I think Alaska is often warmer than our days on the winter plains. Today, we can go outside. The air is fresh, but does not hurt my face. 

Our Christmas tree is down. I explained to The Love Of My Life that this year, I needed a post-Christmas winter mantle decor. Winter cannot be ignored. We must look for something to celebrate in the beauty of winter. It distract's my mind from winter's chill. Snowflakes and sparkle are the theme. It is well with my soul. 

Today, I am grateful it is not 17 degrees below zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment