Thursday, May 16, 2019

Fearless Pursuits

Year 7-Day 135: Today, I am grateful for fearless pursuits.

In this season of graduations and next steps, I am reminded this morning of the burden of fear. It weighs us down in a soul crushing way. Fear destroys dreams and breaks hearts before they ever get a chance to be wholly engaged in their God designed purpose. 

We must never forget that Satan is the author of lies (John 8:44) and he wants us to feel like failures. God has promised us from the beginning to be with us. When we couldn't quite grasp that He was... indeed with us... God took on human skin and Jesus was born. That... still... takes my breath away. 

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.-Isaiah 41:10

Jesus addressed worry, our most common expression of fear:

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? -Matthew 6:25-27


Jesus spoke wisdom and breathed courge back into the broken. Please review that passage and pause at the semicolon after "Look at the birds of the air;" How can we look at the wondrous miracles of God's daily provision in nature and deny His hand? Nature praises God with every seed that breaks through the dirt to reach for the sun.  

We, too, must not let fear keep us from busting through the barriers to pursue the life He has for us. He will go with us. He promised. He keeps his promises. He is not a liar. He is truth. 

What will you pursue today?

Today, I am grateful for fearless pursuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment