Saturday, May 11, 2019

Science

Year 7-Day 131: Today, I am grateful for science.

I live with science guys. Because of them, I have grown to love it. too. I am fascinated by the stars, the plants, the birds, bees, weather and how science is in practically everything. Archeology has always sparked my interest because it digs to uncover stories. 

Today, the science fields continue to change and grow. There are new arms in many technologies. Change is the only true constant. 

"Little science takes you away from God, but more of it takes you to him." -Louis Pasteur

Early scientists suggested the world might be round and were executed for their claims. Science has been wrong many times over the centuries. Still, with each discovery we expand our understanding. Science is not just about discovering new truths. The scientific process is as important as the discovery.  

The scriptures say that is we do not praise Him, the rocks will cry out. Nature cannot help but praise God. His glory is reflected in the miracle of a flower. The wind displays his whimsy and the lightning his power. As we understand more of God's reflection in nature, we find our hearts lifted to praise him, too. 

Science and God are not incompatible. In fact, I think it is just the opposite. The earth echoes His majesty. 

Today, I am grateful for science.

No comments:

Post a Comment