Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Fixing The Rudder

Year 7-Day 134: Today, I am grateful for the one who fixes the rudder.

There is intelligence in knowing what you can fix and what you can't. If it is above your skill level and ability... find an expert. 

I believe in studying to learn new things, but when safety is involved... like a rudder on a boat... find someone qualified. 

"Be patient. Sometimes when it looks to us like Jesus is asleep in the back of the boat, he is actually fixing the rudder." -Bob Goff 

What a great reminder that we cannot always see the hand of the expert at work. We have to trust that he knows what he is doing and is where we need him to be. 


Jesus shouted to the crowds, “If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. -John 12:44 

Jesus didn't stutter with hesitation when he spoke. There is authority and confidence in his words. Do I trust Him to be present and active, even when I can't clearly see what he is doing? 

Today, I am grateful for the one who fixes the rudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment