Friday, May 17, 2019

New Perspective on Interruptions

Year 7-Day 136: Today, I am grateful for a new perspective on interruptions.

"Loving people well means living with constant interruptions." - Bob Goff

By the end of most weeks, I can use a good "Bob" quote. How many things on my "to do" list get checked off ... while others get moved to "next week". Why? Interruptions is a good answer. Life happens when we are making plans. 

I can always use the reminder that I need to burn with a desire to love people well. Not conveniently or when I feel like it, but when I have the opportunity. Opportunity usually shows up as an interruption. 

Remember Jesus and the woman who had been bleeding for years?

Just then a woman who had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding came up behind him. She touched the fringe of his robe,  for she thought, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.” Jesus turned around, and when he saw her he said, “Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well.” And the woman was healed at that moment. -Matt 9:20-22

What we often forget is that Jesus was on his way to raise a government official's daughter from the dead. He was already on a mission when he was interrupted by this young, desperate woman. He took the time to stop and affirm her faith and trust. She was healed, but more than that... she knew in that moment that she mattered to Jesus. That moment did more than heal her condition, it established a relationship. 

What a beautiful example of love and time management. I need to be reminded to slow down and love better. Life moves fast, but some of the most important moments are unexpected. We don't have to be the smartest person in the room... just the most available.

Today, I am grateful for a new perspective on interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment