Tuesday, May 7, 2019

No Excuses

Year 7-Day 127: Today, I am grateful God doesn't accept excuses. The image is from my Bible study group. What a great verse: "But Moses said to the Lord, “Since I speak with faltering lips, why would Pharaoh listen to me?” -Exodus 6:30Remember "The Lucy Show"? Lucy would land herself in trouble and Ricky would walk in and say, "Lucy! You've got some 'splaining to do." She was usually trying to explain her actions by talking a mile a minute. The more she tried to explain, the deeper she dug herself into a hole. Poor Lucy Ricardo. I get it! Sometimes, I talk and talk when I should really pause, repent, pray and listen. Moses didn't want to go before Pharaoh at the palace. He knew the man. Moses did not feel confident in his public speaking.  Moses wanted Aaron to lead the charge to reason with Pharoah. It was not what God intended.  God had chosen Moses long before he asked him to lead the Israelites out of slavery. God's timing is alway perfect. He doesn't need us to be perfect...  just available and willing to move when he calls our name. Moses was distracted at times, from his purpose. Then, God would allow him a chance to recalculate, just like my GPS does in the car. We all occasionally need to make a u-turn. We learn more when we own our mistakes and work to correct our path.I am reminded again that God seeks to be in relationship with us. Excuses build walls. Open hearts build relationships. There are times God calls us to his presence to confront our excuses. At that moment, we begin a healing and rebuilding of the relationship. He is always present. If He seems far away... who moved? Clue: It wasn't God.Today, I am grateful God doesn't accept excuses.  


No comments:

Post a Comment