Monday, July 8, 2019

Emma

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 189: Today, I am grateful for Emma. 

This is our daughter, Emma.  Today is her birthday. "Daughter-In-law" sounds so court ordered. We couldn't love her more if I had given birth to her. She treasured and adored. 


28 years ago tomorrow, I held Emma for the first time. Yes, it is true. I held her before I held my own firstborn,Chase, because she is one month older. 

Emma's Aunt Jill and I visited her (and her Mama Donna) at the hospital. We could not wait for her  homecoming. We were too excited to meet her and to check on her mom. I was 8 months pregnant with Chase. (I don't think he lept in my womb, but he might have hiccupped. 😉) 

Donna was my hero that day. She had survived the birth. Donna was smiling big... and sweet little Emma was amazing and breathtaking. She was so fresh and new.  She isn't new to the world anymore, but she is still amazing and breathtaking. She is beautiful, compassionate, kind, witty and fun, too. We adore her!

She has always been a breath of fresh air in our world. The world, according to Emma, has always been more interesting. I always enjoy her perspectives on any topic. How blessed we are to have known her for all of her 28 years. (I know... in the USA... that is probably rare.) 

She is fearfully and wonderfully made and a perfect fit for our family. 

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.-Psalm 139:14 

On the day she was born, we had no idea of the blessing she would be to our family. I am grateful for God's divine plan that brought her into our family forever. Choosing to love her is easy. 


Happy Birthday, Emma!


Today, I am grateful for Emma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment